Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spelling Out Life... with Day 19 - 1

Why do I have the Lord Jesus Christ in my life? Let's hear out my story with Him alongside me! It's nothing big but it has been abundant...





Just a brief introduction, I come from a Christian family, go to church since baby yet I was empty, direction-less, lost and dead. I can be happy but when the sun sets, I have nothing to look forward to, except for the excitement I get in schools, from friends etc. I always find my journey ahead a little blurry, I don't know what I can do with my life. I am the girl with a very short span of contentment. I get bored easily. I'm indecisive, compulsive and all the -sive adjectives that one could possibly as for. Earlier in 2005, I lied on bed, telling God almost everyday. "God, if You are real, please change my life around. I'm bored! Is there more to life than this? Please make Yourself real to me." :D It was then end of 2005 when everything started to go haywire! In 2006, I can possibly tell you I was a wreck. My family started to torn apart from one another although my social life started to build up (in a good manner ofcoz: President/vice president/prefects etc). My family nearly got into a divorce, everybody hated everybody, I was being interrogated for the whole thing! But of course, I was the first to know yet I said nothing in order to not worsen things! I nearly committed suicide, I hurt myself, I became more attention-seeking person than ever, I had no one to speak to about it. It just suck to be in between everybody and tried to laugh it off as the dawn breaks. "God, why do you make me suffer everyday? You said You have better plans for me, why am I going through this? You are nothing. I am nothing." Yet, day by day, I complained to Him alone... I just went back to my house (not home), I started to talk to Him! I didn't care if He was hurt or happy, I just tell Him what I was going through! More like "whatever la. You listen. Listen good" kinda mode. hahahahha.. You know what made me grew closer to my Lord? His words. As much as I keep on complaining about my stupid dead life, I still remember almost every night, I would recite a whole paragraph and debate with myself or just savouring everything that He said on my bed. His words of comfort, joy and grace keep on filling in my life. He was faithful to all the prophets in the Bible. He was still faithful from the way He approached me through my friends and church members. I knew right then, I had Him in my heart... I knew right then, I have something to live for and I'm alive! I invited Him into my heart and received Him as my personal Lord and Saviour. Towards the end of 2006, I grew closer to God though my family was still breaking up at that time. :) God provided me the Lim family for replacing my need of family love, God provided me awesome experiences in school and I was living for Him! 2007 wasn't any better, things got worser! Hahahaha. But I had this thought that keep me sane "God is faithful. If He is faithful like He claims Himself to be, He'll make me go through this safely. I just need more patience to see this through..." and it did come to pass. My family got back together slowly in His grace and love in 2008.. :) I couldn't believe that it would be that soon! Usually people wanting to get divorce, it will happen wan, but Haha! after 2 years, things started to patch up! :D So yea. Everyday until today, I look forward to look on my ceiling after I wake up, to say "Good morning God!" coz He told me "My mercies are new every morning." God has been carrying me through well, safe and abundantly. I don't hope for anything else but to have an abundant life through Him who made me His child. He made me who I am today. "Joy, you are not a mistake so go and live up to the calling I have placed in you." and yes, I shall live up, live with joy, grace and full of His love for me! I know I'm different because He lives in me. When others say I'm different when they look at me, I know, that is His works in my life that make me one! HAHAHAH.. I'm not going to boast that this whole thing is me, coz it's not! Now, I can proudly say I know my calling, my direction in life, I know I'm living everyday, I know His voice and I don't feel dead anymore! How great is the God I'm serving! He IS still faithful! oh, you can read about his faithfulness in my life under the tag "faith" or "God" and yes, that is just the tiny side of His every BIG BIG BIG love me. :)

That's about my story with my DADDY GOD. He's a great dad and I couldn't imagine myself to not live without the FATHER that makes me alive...

Isaiah 9:6-7:
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.



Amen to all the great things and great understanding that are to come.

rev 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.


Have you open up your heart to Him yet? You can have the same lively-ness I have, if you are willing to open up to Him. :) He never fails. He conquered death, He loves you and I, and what more can you possibly ask for? :) He's an awesome daddy! HUGS dad! :)




xoxo,
Joy - The happiness He placed in me.
Gracia (Spanish: Grace/thanksgiving) - Full of thanksgiving and grace that I'm having.
Liso (Spanish: Smooth/straight) -The straight truth that I'm holding on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just write any thoughts you have in your heart! :) Thanks for dropping by ya? XOXO