Sunday, June 24, 2012

Spelling Out Life... with The Lord's Call

Hey guys, how are ya?

:)

I've been having some quiet time lately, it has been good. :) Today, I've read the book of Haggai coz that's what He wants me to learn from. From the utter painful cane from book of Hosea, He reminds me about His forgiveness and grace that He wants me to have after a long time. A few verses stroke my mind as I spent time with Him.

Haggai 1:1-12

This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Give careful thought to your ways. Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build my house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored,” says the Lord. “You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?” declares the Lord Almighty. “Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with your own house. 10 Therefore, because of you the heavens have withheld their dew and the earth its crops. 11 I called for a drought on the fields and the mountains, on the grain, the new wine, the olive oil and everything else the ground produces, on people and livestock, and on all the labor of your hands.”




He constantly reminded me of "give careful thought to your ways" and "because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with your own house". It took me a second to know that I've been such a slack in His ways, which all of you have known. I know I'm not going to be best at keeping my mouth shut or be less like a kid, but I guess, everybody needs to start from somewhere. I also learnt that God wants so much of His temple to be there, which is in us, that pure loving relationship that He so very want to have, but it was in ruin because we are so busy with everything outside this relationship of His. We want our own home, a place of security, to be a place where we design, we forge, we create and it's all about US, our selfish self, that we leave behind His temple, and we constantly and independently grow on our own strength to build a security for ourself, just plain forgetting the only place He wants to dwell in. 

and one thing I'm still not done praying is due to this verse. I still can't get around it. It was speaking so loud  that I know He spoke to me though still don't know what it means. 

Haggai 2:23

“‘On that day,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘I will take you, my servant Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel,’ declares the Lord, ‘and I will make you like my signet ring, for I have chosen you,’ declares the Lord Almighty.”

I am not doubtful of what will happen in the next adventure I face but rest assured, He will take me to another level of faith. I will be that joy and grace that He will be proud of because I am His own. :) 

For I have forgotten the ways that You want me to have, restore in me the heart to be passionate for this land, the people and for Your words. This is what You have called me for and flame it back, Lord. 


That's about it today.
Nothing promiscuous. LOL. 

To God be the glory. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just write any thoughts you have in your heart! :) Thanks for dropping by ya? XOXO