Saturday, September 4, 2010

Spelling out Life... with Inter-Group HX Debate Tournament


Have I mentioned that I organized 2 debate tournaments in the college?

Yea I did. 1 was easy, another is like hell. Literally.


Day 1 : I was asked to organize a debate tournament for the HX juniors for their co-curricular evaluation thing.. I disagreed due to my Inter-Block debate ongoing. HOWEVER, Head Felo said BY HOOK OR BY CROOK, it had to be done under my bureau. My Biro's Felo had to give in.


Day 2: I briefed the PC HX about the debate. It was simple? They kept quiet. Bad Sign? Yes. *I never knew it was THAT bad* I came out with random debate motions.


a) THW support same sex marriage.

b) THW support death penalty

c) TH bans cosmetic surgery


something2 la. i couldn't remember.


Day 3 (actual day) : things were still okay during the day. but it suck big time on the tournament round. thank God for ISABEL, CHUMAN DEV and JEREMY for coming to support. I'd die if they weren't there.


Problems:

1. MANY TEAMS registered late

2. Adjudicators got irrated for the late registration

3. CERTAIN faculty's students were demonstrating (aka MOGOK) cause the 1st motion is TOO SENSITIVE for them to do.

4. Felos were blaming me for forcing them to send in First-Years. (?????? right??)



Day 4 (tuesday): I cried whole day. I had the worst day in this semester, UNDENIABLY true. A felo came and said that I was at wrong for doing this and that and how I should do this and that, which I respected her for telling me personally la. BUT, she added that OTHER felos were REALLY angry at me for the whole tournament aka refer to point 4 and point 3. LOL. I didn't get the idea of doing something for them yet got pissed at for doing something. Oh yea, just as requested by the felo to make a KIDDY LEVEL motion, I did. So I came out with "TH thinks Siti Nurhaliza is better than Britney Spears". So much of a university students. Gah.


Day 5 (Wed): I picked myself up. I screw those who didn't come for debate. the FELO that got angry at me, removed her teams that went to Quarter from the tournament. So much for professionalism and having game spirit. Today was okay? Everyone appeared. ALMOST. Lol. there were 3 teams backing out. In return, the other teams have to fight among their own team. SORRY. Don't blame me, I wasn't the one backing out last minute, the system has chosen u guys to compete with one another. so YEA.


Day 6. (Thurs): I was THAT happy. :D HELL WAS OVER. Semifinal was FUN. really fun. I love every moment of it. :) Finals went well too. :) Thank God for the awesome committees that helped me through it all. May God bless them all. :) They have been there the whole time, so I'm THAT thankful to God. :)





Overall, my own 10 lessons?

1. Go kiddy on certain group of people. One who acts like a child, treat 'em like a child.

2. Go discuss with the felos for everything.

3. Be prepared to cry if u plan to change the world of certain minds.

4. Trust your committees with the whole process.

5. Believe God will carry you through in the midst of tears and hell.

6. Screw the voices that don't matter. Listen yes, but never be fooled.

7. I learn to organize a debate tournament! heck, when can u possibly do it again?? HAHAHAHA

8. Learn to forgive those who brings u down. Cry if you have to but forgive too. :)

9. Smile in the midst of the sour faces.

10. I learn that everything happens for His Glory although I sweared, I cried, I hurt and I was broken in the midst of it. :D




What to cherish?

1. friends that helped me. (My Biro's AJKs, debater friends, PERKEB people for their endless encouragement)

2. the whole process of running a tiny event.

3. the advices from my Biro's felo and MT Academic. :)

4. the smile I have after the whole thing finishes!!

5. the patience I have after the whole process. :DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just write any thoughts you have in your heart! :) Thanks for dropping by ya? XOXO