Monday, August 3, 2009

Spelling Out Life... With Blood Donations!

Blood Donation 101:

1. When it's time for needle to be poke in your blood, LOOK AWAY.
2. Call your friends/ talk to your friends when you are being poked with needle.
3. DO NOT look when the HUGE needle is reaching your arm.
4. Continue to blabber/ talk nonsense until the needle is already in your arm.
5. Play with something, preferably your phone, when you are "giving away" your blood.
6. Have fun and ignore the blood that is flowing out of your veins.
7. LOOK AWAY when nurses are next to you when she wants to take out the needle.
8. Continue to play with your phone for another 15mins, after needle is out.
9. Walk to a table with tons of food after the donation.
10. Eat the free food and you can even ask for more. Not to forget, FREE CERT!


:D



Anyway, I had my FIRST blood donation drive today!
It was undeniably petrified by the fact that a HUGE(!!) needle is going to be poked in my arm!
After all the registration had gone well, I became thrilled over it!
*scary wei*
I lied down on the recliner, pretty much anxious throughout the whole process...
So I decided to use Luke's phone to call Florence Lim.
I talked to her and complained to her how agitated I was the whole way.... LOL
THEN VOILA!
NEEDLE IS IN!!!
WUHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!





so i press my palm uncontrollably,
playing with Luke's phone until a nurse came.
Without knowing anything, the blood pack is full!
Less than 10mins! :D
At that very moment, I thought I was going to fill in another pack,
which I find it not a big deal la.
But to my disappointment, they TOOK the freaking needle out.
saying its done.
*boooooohooooooo*
but owh well, it was a nice experience to give away my blood.
was hoping it to be longer. HAHAHAHAHA
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



A shot of anxiety and laughter before the game began!


Photo is courtesy of Luke and Qilah


glad to have them around! :)





Spilling out of words,
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just write any thoughts you have in your heart! :) Thanks for dropping by ya? XOXO