Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spelling Out Life... with Sands of Time

I had a poem written for literature class this week. It was supposed to be for Ipu Beridang, my great grandma who left us last November. But little that I know, her first daughter, Kerato Daring, aka my own grandma, left us last night at 11pm. It was shocking and I thought I could see her again alive on Saturday. I had it all planned out but I was wrong. I love you, Ipu.


Here goes:

Sands of time falls in arrear
Petals dance in tears
No sight of heaven here
nor the heart is a crown.
wait, I can hear the sand finally ceases now
rest for awhile,
I'll catch on. Don't you worry.
For the sun rises and falls,
and there's grace that calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just write any thoughts you have in your heart! :) Thanks for dropping by ya? XOXO